This game is terrific. The concept, the art, and everything. However, I think there's a few things that could use improvement:
- The art is great, but the colors are a bit much. It's kind of hard to read the text.
- Some collision is a bit off. When you run into an arrow, it will push you to the side a bit, and enemies can hit you when you don't touch them.
- The 'sprite' could use some aligning with the animation (his legs don't move at the right pace).
This game has some serious potential. I would consider making a sequel or v2 in the future if I were you!
-Yeah I should have added more contrast to the text..
-Because of the lack of my coding skills it way a positioning error I tried to fix. I could have but it would have lagged.
-I'm not used to animating at a top down perspective. Normally you would be right but if you saw the charecter design you would know he is in no way human. But I know what you mean.
Thanks for the review.
This was a tutorial game, if I remember correct. Can't really judge much since all the art and code is pre-made... still, it's good to see some practice. You did a nice job putting it all together, but the game itself feels quite shallow. Good luck with future projects and I hope to see what you can come up with alone!
Very, very well done. The controls felt great, and I found no problems. Although, admittedly, it wasn't much of a game. But, I think you were focusing more on the artistic side of thing rather than a challenging game. Very cute and original concept, overall.
I was wondering when someone would make a flash NiGHTS game! Very good job for first attempt! The graphical stlye is very nice. Recommendations:
- Better controls, the arrows felt a bit tight, perhaps make the game completely mouse controlled?
- Better loop, the graphic would sometimes flash, so try to fix that, and the 'cliff' at the end seemed sudden.
- More levels, please!
- Enemies, perhaps?
- And finally, the good 'ol paraloop would be nice ^_^
Just a few tips! Good job overall!
The opening was presented well. However, there were a bit too many cars to fully enjoy the game. One more tip is to work on the animation and art. This has the workings of a really good game!
Really really, addicting. It's even more fun than the Achievement Unlocked game! Awesome job, the only thing I could recommend is to fix the controls on the rolling mouse stage, it doesn't play well on that level. Oh, and you get bonus points for elephant!
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.